The developmental physiology of boys is significantly different from that of women. An important stage is the formation of the genitals, including the size of the teenage penis. What stages does a boy go through to become a man and when is it worth seeking help from a doctor - read on.
Physiology of male sexual development
Sexual development in boys begins later than in girls. Therefore, at a certain period, adolescents experience a strong spurt of physical growth. Female pairs are formed about 2 years earlier.
Boys' bodies begin to succumb to the first significant age-related changes at the age of 10-12 years. Doctors believe that early sexual development, if accompanied by pathologies, will help to strengthen men's health and relieve problems in the future.
The development of boys by age group:
- 12 years.The first serious changes in the guy appear, a strong growth spurt is observed. From about 11-12 years old, the boy's penis begins to grow. At rest, its size is 4 to 6 cm. By age 12, the size of the scrotum increases.
- 13 years.Another big year for a teenager. The boy begins to grow hair not only on his head, but also on his face. The older the boy, the more the surface of the body is covered with hair.
- 14 years old.There is a crack in the voice. This process can start earlier or later, it depends a lot on hereditary factors. Adam's apple is formed in the thyroid cartilage of the larynx. It is at this age that the formation of the male voice and Adam's apple begins.
- 15 years old.Around this age, boys begin to have hair in their armpits. Such hair growth can occur even earlier - at the age of 13-14. Teenage fluff on the face turns into a mustache. At this age, the formation and production of sperm in the testicles. Teenagers have wet dreams - spontaneous ejaculations.
- 16-18 years old.It is difficult to specify the exact age of the last stage of a man's formation. Some already at the age of 16 become proud owners of a strong body, their teenage member reaches 10-16 cm in length, a beard appears on their face.
At the age of 16-20, boys become full-fledged men from a physiological point of view, puberty occurs. At this age, the ability to conceive appears. The process is individual, the body can be fully formed even at the age of 13.
Psychological readiness for adulthood and the desire to have children are observed much later. At the age of 10-11, parents should have a conversation about the boy's sexual development. It is better to entrust such a conversation to the father.
Penis size changes with age
The penis of boys grows from 11 to 20 years. Not only external factors, but also internal factors affect penis size. Genetic predisposition is of great importance. The size of the penis depends on the member of the father.
You can influence the growth of male dignity by yourself. From childhood, it should be ensured that the boy leads a healthy lifestyle, eats more protein foods and plays sports. At first, the growth will be slow, but as the boy grows, the momentum increases rapidly. Approximate parameters of physical development, including penis size by years, can be estimated from the table.
|years of age||Height (cm||Length of the flaccid penis, cm||Circumference of the flaccid penis, cm||The length of the erect penis, cm|
|Eleven||136-148||3-5||6. 8||4-8. 5|
|12||140-154||4-6||7. 6||5. 7-9. 7|
|13||144-160||5-7||9. 9||8. 7-12. 7|
|fifteen||159-175||6-8||10. 7||11. 3-15. 3|
|16||163-179||6. 5-9. 5||Eleven||12. 1-16. 1|
|17||167-179||7. 5-10. 5||11. 5||12. 5-16. 5|
|eighteen||169-181||8. 5-11. 5||12||12. 5-16|
The maximum length of the penis is formed around the age of 17-18. Also, the growth of virility does not stop, but the tissues now grow in width, there is a thickening and compaction of the organ. The process completely ends at the age of 20, when there is an increase in sexual interest in the opposite sex.
A man's sexual activity persists for a long time. After the age of 60, there may be a slight decrease in height due to male sexual inactivity. Fertility may be present until the end of life.
The approximate average penis size for a man is 13-16 cm Genetically, someone will be more or less lucky.
Scientists have proven that 5 centimeters are enough to satisfy a woman during sexual intercourse.
What affects the size
The first and most important factor affecting men's health is heredity. The length of a young man's penis depends on genetic predisposition. First - the size of the father's penis, then - other close relatives.
A length of less than 7 cm may indicate a hormonal imbalance in the body. Therefore, it is important to consult an andrologist for preventive purposes at the age of 10. The erectile capacity of a boy depends on the functioning of the endocrine system. Small genitals can not only form an inferiority complex, but also cause health problems.
In addition to the internal health of the boy, external factors influence the length. People say that sexually active men have bigger penis size. However, scientists attribute this fact to increased self-confidence.
In an erect state, the penis can increase in length and thickness by 2 times. The cavernous body of the penis is filled with arterial blood, which ensures the rise of the organ. The most active tissue growth is observed at the age of 14-16 years.
Factors affecting a boy's penis size:
- hormonal background (level of androgen hormones), the amount of testosterone produced in the testicles;
- a man's constitution, obesity or overweight can make the sexual organ visually smaller, and also slow down metabolic processes in the body;
- nutrition, with a lack of nutrients and proteins, slow growth is observed;
- the presence of bad habits (smoking, drinking alcohol) slows down the metabolism;
- chronic diseases and other pathological processes.
You can't change genetics. Hereditary diseases set certain parameters for the boy's development. If the internal formation cannot be influenced, there is a chance to slightly improve the situation thanks to the right way of life.
For the normal formation of male health, vitamins and minerals are necessary. Lack of useful trace elements can cause physical development to stop. With the use of certain foods and the right balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, it is possible to increase the penis by 3 to 5 cm.
Food affects the functioning of the cardiovascular and central nervous systems. Due to proper nutrition, a normal level of androgen hormones in the blood is maintained, normal blood circulation in the pelvic organs is maintained, and the metabolism is accelerated.
What to eat to grow a penis:
- Nut. You can eat any nut, but walnuts are especially useful. They have a positive effect on the functioning of the genitourinary system, eliminating and preventing inflammation of the prostate. Blood circulation is accelerated, which positively affects the size and functionality of the phallus.
- B vitamins. There is no need to use synthetic substitutes. The best choice is fresh fruits and vegetables. A sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals can be found in green vegetables, dried fruits.
- protein meals. Remember to eat more white and red meat. In the daily diet should be dishes of animal origin. Lots of protein is found in chicken, eggs, beef, rabbit meat, fish, legumes and other products.
This is not the whole list, you can add herbal teas, liver and other offal, cereals. Potency is well affected by the use of seafood, which are natural aphrodisiacs. But it is important to monitor the normal weight and height of the boy. Obesity can slow the growth of genitals.
Reduce consumption, or refuse completely, you need among the following dishes:
- confectionery, pastries high in carbohydrates;
- alcoholic beverages;
- fatty foods, fast food and fast food.
Sausages, smoked meats and fried foods also slow down metabolic processes. When you eat too salty food, the process of blood circulation in the tissues worsens, which leads to androgen deficiency.
Mayonnaise, ketchup, fatty sauces, fatty dairy products also negatively affect penis growth and testosterone synthesis. Beer increases the level of estrogen in a man's blood, which negatively affects potency. Sugar, sweet carbonated drinks not only disrupt the process of digestion, but also prevent the growth of the phallus.
Way of life
In order not to experience the end of the girls and in the future to boast of tall height, it is worth observing a certain way of life. Small and simple rules will help accelerate physical development.
Lifestyle tips for a teenager:
- Pass the first aid kit. The use of drugs and synthetic additives should be kept to a minimum. Defer taking medication in case of illness. But if the patient has a history of chronic pathologies, it is recommended to comply with a medical prescription.
- Keep track of KBJU level(calories, proteins, fats, carbohydrates). Obesity slows down the growth process of a young organism. Eating a sweet bun will not be a hindrance, but regular food disturbances can adversely affect men's health.
- Give up bad habits. Say no to smoking. Cigarettes and nicotine increase the likelihood of erectile dysfunction by 51%. And a study conducted in Iran showed that a year after kicking a bad habit, 25% of former smokers noted an improvement in the front of the bed.
- Rest. Do not spend 24 hours a day at school or at work. An increased level of anxiety causes impotence.
- Sleep 7-8 hours a day. A smaller number of hours slows down the metabolism and causes mental disorders. In order for life to be in full swing and the size of the manhood not to decrease, it is worth sleeping more. Healthy sleep increases testosterone levels in the blood.
- Beware of viruses. A large accumulation of bacteria is found in the oral cavity. The immune defense is weakened if you do not respect the hygiene of the teeth. Regular use of thread and paste (2 times a day) helps maintain good health.
- play sports. Physical activity also has a positive effect on blood circulation and the level of sex hormones in the blood. But don't overdo it. Using harmful steroid supplements causes sexual dysfunction.
- Be faithful to your girlfriend. These tips will help prevent infection with sexually transmitted diseases. In addition, fidelity will help maintain a normal psychological state.
It is also worth giving up a sedentary lifestyle. According to statistics, office workers are more likely to suffer from erectile dysfunction. Walk more outdoors. The right way of life will help the young man not to face unpleasant illnesses.
When to consult an andrologist
If the boy's genitals are not growing fast enough, you need to make an appointment with an andrologist. It is recommended that you see a doctor as a preventive measure every year to monitor normal growth rates.
If the boy has a small penis, phimosis (foreskin narrowing), cryptorchidism, or inability to open the glans may be suspected.
Also, the andrologist will tell the teenager how to properly care for the genitals and foreskin, if parents are embarrassed to remember the rules of intimate hygiene.